Create your account
- Visit https://stripe.com/ to create and set up your account. Just follow the “start now” dialogue on the home page or, contact sales if you wish.
Set up your account
- Log into your account
- Find the “Settings” page (usually a blue link with cog on the left side of the page, near the bottom)
- Developers > Webhooks – Torque Media will provide the URL to add in there
- At the bottom of the page in Business Settings, click the link and fill out all details for:
- Account details
- Business details
- External payout accounts and scheduling
- Tax details
At this point your account should be “ready to go” but, I like to make absolutely sure by walking through it with a representative first.
Contact Stripe to confirm the set up of your account and have a conversation about how to prevent fraud on your account:
- Contact Stripe Support: https://support.stripe.com/questions/contact-stripe-support
- Use 3rd option “Request a Phone Call”
- Select “other” (The purpose of your call is to confirm your account is set up correctly, to learn about the services, and confirm you have covered your based regarding fraud)
- Let them know:
- I am new to accepting payments online through my website.
- I’m calling to ensure that my account is set up properly before setting it live.
- I’m worried about online fraud, and how it could affect my business.
- What steps do I need to take to protect myself and my business against fraud?
- Important items to cover in this conversation:
- Make sure that when your client reviews their bank statement, that your business name will appear on it. Otherwise, they may not recognize the charge and may contest the charge.
- Also worth asking if this interests you:
- Learn how to send an invoice from Stripe to a Client
- Learn how to share a payment Link with a Client
- You can learn a lot more through the documentation on the link provided above too.
Set everything “live”
- Send to Torque Media:
- In one email with no subject or text, include your “Publishable Key” (found on the home page)
- In a separate email with no subject or text include your “Secret Key”
- We will know what to do with these and will finalize the set up on your website.
- Torque Media will confirm once complete.
Create your first purchase
- Reduce a product to $1 and complete a check out.
- Confirm you like your receipt and that it includes everything it should.
- Check your bank statement to see how your charge looks. It should show your business name.
- Make sure you receive that payment in your account (first charge takes 7 days to process)
If you wish – you can learn about these items too
- Stipe will also allow you to send a bill to someone which they click to pay online.